Sunday, May 20, 2012

Hippie Nonsense.

This is a Real Thing.



In this entry I am not going to bitch about the frustrations of retail and dealing with the general public everyday.  I am going to instead bitch about a select demographic that frequents my Boulder, Colorado store.  The hippie.

In this instance, a hippie has approached upper management of my store (definitely not me) and asked to place this homemade "Gratitude For Water" crap on our cash wrap for customers to take with them.  If you can't tell by the picture, it's a star-shaped tin with small elaminated pieces of paper with printed sayings on them, such as, "Love and Gratitude For Water" that you are supposed to tape near your faucet at home, so you remember to thank Jesus or Buddha or Lemmy for the water.

I'm sure that wasting water is not a great thing.  But because of this hippie-chick's nonsense that is forced upon me daily, I now let the water run about a minute or two longer after I'm done washing my hands, out of pure spite.  So now, she's wasting more water than she's saving.  See how that happens?  She should probably get off her hippie soap box before she kills any more fish.


Fuck You, Weather-Hippie.


Scene:  It's a cold, rainy day.

Hippie: "Enjoying the weather?"

Me: "Ha! Yeah, pretty gloomy out there." Thinking he spoke with sarcasm.

Hippie: "No, it's amazing. We need water. I want what's good for the earth and not what we as humans prefer."

Me: Thoughts of decking a hippie and burning down Pearl Street engulf my mind's eye. I grit my teeth and smile.

FMJ.





No comments:

Post a Comment